Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Never say Never

When Ryan started out on his hunting adventure in 2003 I told him that the trophy mounts were to stay in their designated place in the casita.
And for a while that worked.
But then wall space was limited, so a bunch of the mounts went to a local Sportsmans Warehouse.  That worked out quite nicely for a while...until they closed :(
So, since then we've had a little menagerie in our upstairs loft

Exhibit A -

 Exhibit B (this is now in the loft with the other animals instead of on the chair in my bedroom)

The kids have done pretty well not to complain when they get poked in the head by a Gemsbok when they are playing X-box or when they can't sleep in the loft because there isn't enough space. But seriously....these animals need a home.
So, when we got our new shutters a while back, I cleaned off the pot shelf right above the entry door... I was ready for something different up there anyway, but I just haven't found the right decor yet.
So, seriously in jest, I suggested he put his leopard up there.  Little did I know that Ryan would jump on it (I don't think he heard the jesting tone in my voice)

That night when I came home from errands, he had a ladder leaning against the wall and had tried to put it there himself, but no luck. 
And so, not only did I give permission for the leopard to be there, but I had to assist with the placement as well.

It was really quite a sight to see us trying to get the log then the leopard in place. 
Thankfully the kids didn't try to take any photo's of the process.
But now, we have a leopard perched above our front door ready to greet any guests we may have...
I of course had to add a little touch of Ginger with the greenery and pots.
And here's a shot just to give you the BIG picture...
So... I will admit that the colors go nicely with the decor :)  
Ryan has his sights on the wall on the right,  but I think for now the hippo will be staying in St. George at Sportsmans Warehouse

4 Comments:

Verlynn said...

You are soooo weakening. There will be an elephant in the living room soon. It does look pretty cool.

Natalie said...

And so it begins! LOL, kinda have to admit it does look pretty neat though.

D said...

That actually looks cool. Kind of like Cabella's!

Sommer said...

Oh No!!!!! Don't you know you have always been my saving grace when it comes to standing up to our husbands about these animals in the common areas????? Now I can't use the arguement, "Ginger doesn't have animals in her living room..." anymore. It has become a sad sad day in our home. ;) It does look good, BTW.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...