Monday, March 28, 2011

Baking a cake is fun to do....

Miranda volunteered to make a wedding-ish cake for the Young Women's New Beginnings. We looked for ideas online and finally found one that would be fun to make. So I baked up the cakes and Miranda and Shaun pitched in to help decorate.

They each had their own layer they were in charge of
They first had to smooth the base coat of buttercream to prepare for the fondant layer
They did a fantastic job!
After covering the cakes with white homemade marshmallow fondant (yummy!)
We cut long strips to form flower petals and leaves
 As well as circles to form flower centers
 Then they got to sit aside to dry and get ready for the next step tomorrow
Then the exciting part....we got to clean up the huge mess!!


Whew....now back to the fun stuff
I piped lattice in all the flower petals and leaves (forgot pictures) then Miranda helped me place them on the cake...
Here is the result of all our work...
It was pretty fun, and something different to experiment with. 
Miranda wanted to "bling" out the flowers with some sparkles

I think they show up a little in this picture
I was getting it ready to take over to the church, but kept thinking it was missing something...
but what was it?  
I know, a topper! 
So after a quick design and cut with the cricut...voila! the Final final cake!

It was french vanilla cake with raspberry filling.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it :)
It was fun to work on this with Miranda!

3 Comments:

D said...

What a truly divine cake! It is beautiful. Your cake pops turned out awesome. I've made 2 attempts at those that have falied... trouble with the dipping. Grandma passed away yesterday- coming to LV tomorrow.

Verlynn said...

I really like this one. Very unique and fun.

Natalie said...

that is absolutely Stunning!! I want to be you when I grow up...or Miranda at the very least!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...