Friday, June 18, 2010

Miranda's got Talent!

I know... I know I just bragged about her talent of being a great artist, but now I have to show off her dancing abilities!!!

Miranda started taking tap and ballet lessons when she was only 3 or 4 years old. She always loved to dance and was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. When we moved to this house when she was 8 it was difficult to take her to her old studio so we signed her up with a nearby studio. It didn't go so well and Miranda lost interest....So dancing fell to the wayside.

Flash forward 3 years.... Miranda started Broadway Bound at Summerlin Dance Studio and besides Broadway classes she started adding in Jazz and Tap.... Miranda now has a new-found love for Dance! She especially loves tap and is moving up to a much more advanced class this coming year.

So for the end of the year recital, Miranda was in 3 dance numbers. I couldn't believe how wonderful she did!


Here are a few still photo's I took at the recital.... (I have a video, but since I have computer issues, I can't load them on...aaargh)

This first is from her tap number.... she really enjoyed this class and re-learning all the steps. She loves to go around the house or anywhere for that matter and practice her tap steps!

This next photo is of her Jazz class... (it was also her least favorite costume) but the number was super cute! Finally in the Broadway Technique class they did Footloose! It was super fun and colorful and Miranda had a ton of fun with it!


I am just the most amazing photographer ever because this shot was taken on the final beat of the song...they only held this pose for a second!!!
This is Miranda's favorite costume of all the dances... she just loved the flapper style and that she was able to add her own flair with her colorful tights! It makes me both happy and sad to see her in these recitals... happy that she has a love of dance and sad because she has grown up so much since her first days of tap.

2 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Can't wait for the video! She is looking sooooo grown up.

will and lori said...

SOOO want to see the tape of this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...