Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's a Long Story...

... but I will try to make it short and sweet!

When Miranda went on the 4th year hike the first of the month, she came back missing a couple items... her jacket, her new digital camera, and her glasses. She swore she had them with her and remembered seeing them in the car, but they were missing none the less.

Flash forward 3 weeks.

When we came home from Disneyland her eye started bugging her and her right eye was red and itchy. Since she is leaving for Girls Camp soon and she is due for her annual eye exam anyway, I scheduled an appointment to get it checked out.

The Doctor informed that she had an ulcer on her eye and she would need antibiotics and not to wear her contacts for the next week. Hummm... that's going to be tricky because remember..she lost her glasses on the hike.

So we needed new glasses ASAP!!!
We went to a place that we can get glasses in 1hour and started the hunt.
She narrowed it down to 3 -4 then 2 that were exactly the same frame just different colors.
Black & White and the other one Red
She really wanted the red ones, but chose the black since it was more versitile and would go with more things. We went shopping while we waited the hour and I could tell Miranda was having second thoughts about her decision (humm, I wonder where she gets that from)
So when we went back to pick them up we had them switch the lenses into the red frames

Miranda loves her new glasses and they just show off her fun bright personality!

And after following Dr's orders (even during girls camp) the ulcer is all gone.

(Just an update.... we found Miranda's old glasses a few days ago so now she has a back up to her back up)

3 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Very cute glasses. So glad the ulcer is gone.

will and lori said...

You go Miranda! The glasses I want are a metallic red frame with zebraish sides. I LOVE them. I'll show them to you when I get them and we'll take a pic! Great choice.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love them too!
-Miranda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...