When Miranda was in 5th grade (4 years ago), we gave in to her pleas for a cell phone.
So we gave her one of Ryan's hand-me-downs. (Believe me there have been many)
She was so excited and proudly used it all the time.
As she went on to middle school I noticed a trend starting with her cell phone use.
She would either forget to carry it, forget to charge it, or just plain forget to turn it on.
This got to be a bit frustrating for me at times I really did need to get in touch with her.
At the time she didn't really have friends with phones that she would talk to or text with so she just didn't have a huge need for one.
Well, this past year, Miranda has started texting and talking to her friends more on her cell.
(You can read a prior post about her cell phone use HERE )
They even give her a hard time about her "vintage" phone. But anytime we even suggested she get a new phone she would say NO Way! I like my antique phone.
So a few weeks ago I suggested that she get a new phone (again) and to my surprise, she didn't exactly say no. She didn't say yes either, but she wasn't putting up as much of a fight as she had before.
Soooo.... to make a long story shorter... Here is a picture of Miranda's new phone.
She wouldn't let me take a picture of her holding it so she set it on the table for me.But then I thought I could trick her and snap a picture when she went to pick it up and SHE tricked me and pretended to yell at Gus so I would look away and she could grab the phone.
But I'm so fast I was able to get this shot (he he)Since then I've been able to catch her in action... texting to her friends.
She LOVES her new red phone even if it isn't vintage and I'm sure her talk and texting minutes have gone up this past month.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
IDK.... my BFF Shaun
at
7:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Texting is the national passtime here! Every kid and adult is texting continually. I'm sure that some go without food to keep in touch with everyone. Crazy world!
I just haven't gotten into texting. Don't get me started on the proper time/place for texting too. Glad she likes her new phone. She's all grown up Ginger, right before your eyes.
I can't wait to see her minutes and text time next month,,,,I'm jealous its a beauty,,, and my new is just plain Black or maybe Navy.. oh well I'm old.
Post a Comment