Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ryan's 2 Week Adventure

Ryan spent two weeks in September in British Columbia hunting Caribou and Moose (during the time I was at Creative Escape)
(Thanks so much to Nancie & Raynold for making that happen


The first week of Hunting was more like a week of torture for Ryan because it rained almost every day! They stayed cooped up in this little cabin. (Ryan got lots of reading done)Every night I would wait for his call (from his satellite phone) to hear good news... that he had bagged a caribou, but no such luck. More and more rain!
Finally it stopped raining and they were able to go out scouting for caribou, but mainly saw cows.He looks just like a real cowboy as they took pack horses to hunt. Hanging out... glassing the hills (and trying to keep warm). For nearly two weeks he saw nothing worth shooting until finally Friday came (with only one hunting day left)... he finally called with the good news I was waiting for, except it wasn't caribou... he got a moose!

He was pretty happy that he wasn't coming home empty handed.
Now to make more room on the Casita wall.... or maybe an addition, or a new trophy house???

4 Comments:

Natalie said...

Man oh man, what a hobby he has. Glad he was able to find something. good luck finding a way to make room.

Verlynn said...

I think it is time to start thinking about re-locating. Ain't no way his hobby is gonna fit in another couple of years. Nice looking moose, is about the size of the rats around here.

Nancie said...

Wow--- He does look like a real live cowboy,, and it did look like he was living back in time. Wonderful pictures, and the moose was impressive. I'm sure he is proud of his catch.

D said...

What an adventure! We have moose in Minnesota (hint hint).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...