Saturday, October 10, 2009

Heart Walk - take 2

Miranda, Parker and I joined my cousins Stacie & Nicole (and other friends and family) at the American Heart Association Heart Walk. We went last year (check it out HERE) and it was sooo cold, but this year was quite the opposite.
Stacie was able to get team T-shirts made up for all of us. Her son Reid Michael died when he was only 10 weeks old of heart problems. He was born a month before Miranda so would be 14 now. So our team is appropriately called "Remembering Reid Michael"

We all enjoyed a free Popsicle before the treacherous 3 mile walk
Unfortunately Stacie's stroller was broken so Charlotte (Stacie's little girl) had to stay behind with Grandpa Reid.
Parker was bummed because Wyatt wasn't able to join us this year. But he brought along his I-pod and did quite well. He even ran to the finish line to make it before the 1 hour mark.
Charlotte was our welcoming committee when we arrived and couldn't wait to show off her rainbow tattoo.
Can't wait to do it again next year. It's such a great cause and I'm happy to be a small part of it!

2 Comments:

D said...

What a great idea... I think I'll pass that on to my SIL who lost her baby this summer to a heart condition.

Verlynn said...

Sorry I missed it this year. It was great last year and I'm sure Miranda really missed me! LOL Charlotte is simply getting too grown up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...