Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Family Game Nights

I don't know if it's because of the commercials on TV or if he's just into torture, but Parker has taken in upon himself to declare every night "Family Game Night".
Which is fine, we're all willing (well, somewhat) , except he always seems to want to start playing 10 minutes before bed and wants to play Monopoly or other brain intensive game that lasts for hours. (Really, does Monopoly EVER end??)

Last night we were able to talk him into Liars Dice instead of Life. When he lost the game, he declared we needed to play another round so he could redeem himself, but none of us fell for it. (It truly was way past bed time by then too)

So tonight, after returning home from Smart Night, we are all hungry, and exhausted.. he decided he wanted to play Twister.

Me: "Ummm, I think I donated that to DI"
Parker: "No you didn't... I'll go get it"

Ryan and Miranda had just made fun of me so to "Punish them" I agreed that we would all play if Parker could find it. (he he)

Ryan was first to be the spinner guy because he had "already warmed it up".
I won the first game so then I got to do the spinner.

The kids laughed... "But dad... I didn't think you could bend"
Well, the joke was on them because Ryan won the next game.

So Miranda and Parker had a "loser- tie- breaker game"
Miranda won that one -
(Parker really needs to re-think family game night because he keeps losing!)Then Miranda and Parker just played around with the game and tried to avoid photo'sSo yes... we've given into the lure of TV commercials. We now have Family Game night... every night... about 8:45pm.... wanna join us???

2 Comments:

Verlynn said...

I don't like Monopoly! It take way too long. All you kids always loved it and Life too. Sounds like Parker is a chip off the old block. Started out with Snakes and Ladders and Cherry Tree and Husker Do.

Natalie said...

That is too funny. Jordan would love to have family game night every night as well. But with him and melody being so young, it's kind of hard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...