Sunday, November 1, 2009

Escape to.....

The Happiest Place on Earth!

It's been 5 years, 6 months, 4 days, 8 hours and 37 seconds since our last trip to Disneyland (but who's counting)
Miranda was 9 and Parker was 6 the last time we went. I'm not sure why it's been so long since we've been. Perhaps part because Ryan doesn't like crowds, so that leaves out weekends and holidays and the kids don't like missing school... that leaves out weekdays. So somehow we let all this time pass without visiting Mickey.

On a whim, we decided to ditch our traditional Halloween extravaganza and head to California (it only took a little eyelash batting and begging from me).
This is very unusual for me because I really like to plan things out.
Literally, 1 day before leaving we finalized plans, found subs for church, sitters for the dogs, and booked a hotel.
And I'm sooooo glad we did!!!

I was nervous that the crowds this Halloween weekend would be too much for Ryan to take and it would scare him from ever going again.
Although it was fairly crowded... the wait time on all the rides was no more than 20-30 minutes without the fast pass. I've never been to Disneyland and been able to ride as many rides as we did this trip.

The kids were amazing. It was like taking them for the first time because they didn't remember a lot about it. They rode all the "big" rides for the first time because they were either too short or too nervous to ride last time.
I can't express how fun it was to spend this weekend together as a family!
We didn't have a plan, schedule or care in the world and it was AWESOME!!
Because it was Nevada Day Weekend as well, we ran into a few friends from Vegas. We knew of more that went, but never saw them.

It seemed a little strange to not do the traditional Halloween activities. No costumes, no candy, no Trunk or Treat, but we really didn't even miss it.

So here's a few highlights from our Wonderful Halloween Weekend in Disneyland.

4 Comments:

Xackery said...

Haha!!
Steven and Angela went to Disneyland too! Did you run into them?

Verlynn said...

so cool! I am too jealous for words. Dang, the kids are growing too fast. Glad Ryan had fun too.

Natalie said...

Aww man, I'm soo jealous! I wanna go to Disneyland!! Maybe you could help me get Jordan to use public restrooms, then I'll be able to go.

Glad you had fun.

JLea said...

How fun! Now I know why I couldn't find you at the trunk or treat... You guys always do such a good job, you were missed (but you have a good excuse). Jorja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...