For Christmas, Santa gave each of us tickets to see the Lion King at Mandalay Bay.
We were all so excited and counted down the days.
Finally... Last Night was the night!
We started with a fabulous meal at Maggiano's in the Fashion Show mall.
It was the kids first time eating there and they can't wait to go back.. Yummy! We headed to Mandalay Bay and made our way to the Theatre
So exciting! Our seats were fantastic right in the center! It's almost time to start!
After the opening two scenes, the lights came on and everyone was wondering what was happening. Then an announcement said that due to a sudden illness, the show will have a brief delay. It only lasted maybe 5 minutes, then another announcement... "The part of Rafiki will be played by XYZ the understudy" (don't remember the name)... Gee, I wonder who got sick?
After that, the play went off without a hitch (and Rafiki did a fabulous job!)
The costumes were amazing!
It followed right along with the Disney movie with a few additional songs. It brought me back to when Miranda was 2 years old and wanted to watch Lion King over and over and over again. I can practically recite the entire script from memory (mom's you know what I mean)
The dinner was Fabulous... the Show was Fantastic and we had so much Fun together!
It was definitely a "Hakuna Matata" (no worries) kind of evening!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Hakuna Matata
at
10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
You realize that I'm totally jealous! I'd have killed to give you kids those sorts of opportunities and I'm very grateful that you can do it for them. We saw Lion King in DL one time on stage and enjoyed it too. Am sure this was flashy and fancy but Scar still lost!
how awesome! I don't think Loney would go to Lion King unless Santa brought the tickets. glad you had a fun family night.
Through my teaching, I have been able to not only take my students, but my family to see some pretty wonderful presentations such as: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Phoenix Symphony, Itzhak Perlman, and others. It is a wonderful, memorable time spent to see and experience live performances. That is wonderful that you were able to participate!
I think it's also wonderful that Miranda is "into" performing. It will be great to hear about her experience in Annie. Parker sounds like he's on the ball with his saxophone. I have always loved to be able to play with bands and orchestras. Way to go!
You don't know me all that well, but the more I hear of Parker and Miranda, the more impressed I am!
We saw Lion King in SLC a few years ago, however we would both like to go again. Such great looking gr. children we have.
Post a Comment