for us!
Wow what a crazy and intense week. It's been full of 6 hour rehearsals and Performances of Annie.
The beginning of the week (M-W) Miranda and I spent at Summerlin Library. She would rehearse while I helped organize and prepare props & sets backstage.
Finally, Thursday Night it was SHOWTIME!
Miranda was extremely nervous because despite all the rehearsing they had never ran through the entire show, only the first half.
Thursday night was the true test of preparedness for the entire cast and crew.
But it went off (with just a few glitches)
Whew... one down 7 more to go....
Friday night was even better than Thursday and Saturday matinee and evening were even better than Friday (hummm, maybe practice really does make perfect)
Now for my little mother bragging moment....
Miranda was AMAZING! I knew she was talented (after seeing her in Seussical that confirmed my suspicion) however, playing the role of Miss Hannigan has truly brought out the "best" in her... in true Miss Hannigan Style.We had many friends and family come see her the first week and they all couldn't believe it was really Miranda on the stage. It's like she transformed into someone else once the costume (and make-up.... ooooh the make-up) was on.
Even complete strangers couldn't believe that she was only 14 and could act and sing like she did.
I couldn't be more proud and I'm so glad,(even though It's exhausting) that it's not over yet.... 4 more shows to go!
I've taken quite a few photo's so decided to make a slide show of the first week.
Enjoy!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
It's a Hard Knock Life....
at
6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 Comments:
So got any videos of her performing?
Great! Can't wait to see the vid. I'm so sad that I can't be there. So very, very proud of our girl.
Miranda did such a awesome job! Loney and I had a blast watching, and can't wait for the next one.
Post a Comment