Last week Ryan informed me that he had reserved a RV spot at Lake Powell and we were going to go with the Websters to spend the weekend.
Yes I was willing, yes I was excited, yes I was a tad stressed and yes I had to reschedule my hair appointment that I'd been waiting for since April, BUT....did I mention I was willing?!
We had to cut our Cedar trip a little short and came home Tuesday afternoon. I grocery shopped, did laundry, went to the office, cleaned house and packed the trailer and was ready to go by Wednesday evening...whew!
We arrived at Lake Powell around midnight and boy did we start out with an adventure! Ryan tried to remember the road that Mark told him to turn on in order to find the RV park and unfortunately he took the wrong road and we ended up stuck, hub cap deep, in the softest sand ever! We had to wake Mark to help us escape the red sand of doom... He hooked onto the back of our trailer and began to pull while Ryan drove in reverse. It moved!!!
Parker walked along side the trailer helping guide Ryan the entire way...I swear it was at least a mile! (ok, maybe not, but it was quite a way)
Finally we made it to camp and climed in bed around 2am. Good times :)
The next morning we packed lunches and headed out on Mark's boat for a day on the beach. We found a great spot and unloaded extra kids and supplies and let the kids explore for a bit.
It was a beautiful beach except for the "spider tree" Seriously, this tree is full of webs and spiders... all the dark spots hanging off the leaves and giant icky spiders... yes... we kept our distance!
We inflated a "relaxation station" for the smaller kids to hang out on by the beach...
...while the older kids got to go thrill riding on tubes behind the boat!
They could have gone all afternoon! After a little lunch break, Ryan and I decided to try our hand at tubin'So who do you think fell off?......
Let's just say... I didn't even get my hair wet...he he he
In fact.. I went out again against a couple of the kids... Even with cheating (notice Miranda trying to push me off below) I hung on and never fell off!
Exhausted and a lot sunburned we headed back to the trailer for a good dinner and rest.
Friday we took a long boat ride to see Rainbow Arch. It was so majestic and beautiful... well worth the short, but hot hike!
After the hike we did a little more boat riding, lunch, ice cream treat and back to trailer where we hung out and enjoyed the food and company again!
On Saturday, we took a quick ride out on the lake to do a little knee boarding. I forgot my camera that day so Heidi took a couple shots for me. (I will get her to email me the pics then add them later). We loaded up the trailer and headed home.
Yes, it was a lot of work getting ready, yes I complained once or twice, yes I got crazy sunburned but YES we had a blast!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Last Minute Fun
at
1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
OK, glad you had fun but I think it would be toooo much sun and water for me. I know, I'm a whiner.
It would be alot of fun, the area is so beautiful, the kids will remember all this forever. What memories.
Post a Comment