The Broadway Bound program that Miranda is in put on a play for the younger kids in their group. Miranda was too old to be in it, but was excited to take on a different role on stage as Student Director. For all of June and July she was at daily rehearsal so it pretty ate up the first part of summer vacation!
Finally it was showtime! They did 12 shows in all and I was able to help backstage with half of them so had to get a few shots of Miranda and the cast She did such a fabulous job and took her role very seriously!
This is some of the cute cast as they are waiting to go on stage!
They had a great run and Miranda had a great time and now has a greater appreciation of all the tech people that make a play run smoothly!
Next up...Throughly Modern Millie... Miranda was cast as Miss Miers and they start rehearsals the end of August. The play isn't until January, but Miranda is super excited to be back on stage!

3 Comments:
I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there....
Yay! Can't wait for you to tinally see me, grandma!
And, my character is Mrs. Meers not Miss Miers. ;-)
-Miranda
Hey, Miranda! This is your great-uncle Monte. I joined the Church after being "railroaded" into the road-show play "Finnian's Rainbow," put on by the Washington State University and University of Idaho Institutes of Religion back in 1971.
I was a Music Major at U of I and I'd never heard of a "Mormon" before, so it took me six months of "investigation" to finally make my committment to the Gospel. After I met your great-aunt Susie the next year (she was a Music Major at U of I, too), she and I were in several road-show plays together
I really appreciate hearing about dedicated thespians and musicians. That they might be gorgeous relatives is a real plus. Keep up the great work. It'll last beyond a lifetime! Maybe we'll come see Mrs. Meers this coming Spring. E-see ya soon!
Monte and Susie
Post a Comment