Friday, September 24, 2010

20th Anniversary Surprise Trip

A few months ago Ryan found out he would be in a 12 week trial starting the end of August and going into November. He was quite bummed that his Hunting schedule and our 20th anniversary celebration were going to be interrupted by this trial. However, just days after the trial started it settled before the jury selection was even complete. Whew! This freed up the next couple months for him and us to make some plans. At first we were just talking about going to a show downtown or something, but then Ryan had to travel for work to Seattle the week of our anniversary. Bonus!

So one week before our anniversary Ryan made some plans for us to spend some time in Seattle and travel over to Victoria, BC for a couple days as well.
I was so excited! After securing Ryan's parents for Babysitting(Thanks Nancie & Raynold!) We headed to the airport!
The first night we arrived, Heather, Nathan and Garrett picked us up at the airport and was our personal taxi while we were in Seattle. We went to the famous "Crab Pot" restaurant for dinner. At this place they don't just serve you seafood...they just dump it right in the middle of the table for everyone to share!
Nathan and Ryan LOVED it! But... Heather and I had a hamburger ...at the other end of the table :)
Garrett sat between us and was happy as a clam banging the wooden crab shell hammers and eating corn on the cob...He sure did love that corn on the cob! What a cutie.
The next day, Monday, Ryan left for his work stuff and I got to hang out at the nearby malls. He finished earlier than he thought so we met up...watched a movie and grabbed some dinner.

Very early the next morning,(6:30am) we headed over to the Seattle Clipper for a ride over to Victoria island. It is a 3 hour ride but went by pretty fast.

The island was even more beautiful than I remembered it when I was there about 30 years ago(yikes!)when visiting my Grandma Mac.
I should have taken more photos, but here is a little peek into the wonderful vacation we had....


We had a glorious, relaxing time and I never wanted the trip to end. We were even able to sneak in a dinner with my cousin Sandra and her husband who live there in Victoria. She gave ua a little tour of downtown Victoria and we had a wonderful time catching up.

Thursday morning came all to soon as it was time to head back to Seattle and Vegas.
Heather and Nathan were our taxi again and we went to Pikes Market to buy some fresh seafood, then dinner and off to the airport to head home to Vegas.

It was wonderful to come home and find everything peaceful, clean and in one piece when we arrived (Thanks again Nancie & Raynold!)
I can't believe we have been married for 20 years! Time sure does fly when we're having fun! I love Ryan so much and I look forward with great anticipation to many more years together!

1 Comment:

Verlynn said...

Looks and sounds so fun. Glad you were able to go and enjoy. Grandpa Mac used to work in the Parliament Building so I associated it with him as a kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...