I can't remember the last time I bottled peaches or made peach jam. I always buy a couple lugs of peaches each summer, but I either end up just slicing and freezing them (so yummy in smoothies) or a couple years ago Nancie was babysitting and made peach jam for me :)
This year the peaches were turning ripe faster than I could eat them so I knew something had to be done. Since I still had some in the freezer from last year (how long do they last frozen anyway?)
I decided I would try my hand at bottling them.
It took a full day but in the end I made 12 quarts of peaches (yes I have my own steamer cooker thingy) and 11 pints of peach jam. I used a recipe Nancie gave me and it turned out so good.
We used a couple of the bottled peaches in the cobbler I made while camping... sooo delicious!
I have had peach jam on toasted English muffins about every day too!
I even had a few left over to add to my freezer stash for smoothies!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Just Peachy
at
11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Yum! Save me a jar of jam. I'm a PB&J-aholic! Looks and sounds so yummy.
Those look soooo good! For a minute I thought about taking up canning, then it left. ;)
Post a Comment