Monday, September 27, 2010

Wild Delivery

In July 2008 Ryan went to Africa....(ok...he went other times too, but this is the one I'm talking about today) When we came home from our Anniversary trip Ryan had 3 HUGE suprises waiting for him in our garage....
The animals had arrived from that 2008 Africa Trip.
If you need a refresher about that trip you can take a peek HERE
Or if you want the long version of the hunt you can check out his Hunting Blog HERE
When he opened crate #1 it looked like this....

He decided to have his Cape Buffalo mounted European style so it would take up less room.... These are the actual hippo tusks from his trophy
This crate also included the hippo skull...I forgot to take a photo before he took it to his office.

And inside crate #2.....

The Hippo... with fake tusks This "little" guy is staying inside his crate for a while since we have NO ROOM to put him anywhere! (hint hint)

And this is his little hippo feet... made into pen holders and...Giant Bookends... seriously... what kind of books go between these? At the bottom of the bookends are the Cape buffalo's "things" as Ryan calls them made into a cinch sack...( yep.. he was definitely a boy)

As a bonus that Ryan forgot all about was the babboon skull .... we're so happy he has joined our little skull family :) And last but not least... in Crate #3 was this cute cuddly little thing...
Isn't he just so cute... it's the type of rug that you just want to curl up in and snuggle! Yes, we are so happy all these animals have now joined our little family. They are getting along quite well with everyone...
well, everyone except Sophie...

Ooops... I told her not to get too close to the Crocks mouth.
(BTW... no dogs were harmed in taking this photo...he he)
Ryan has taken a few items to his new office, but the others still need to find a home. And since we have no room available I would like to put them up for adoption, but I don't think Ryan would like that too much so I guess I will be patient and push for the casita addition instead :)

1 Comment:

Verlynn said...

You should have stayed in Canada! I'm sure they have laws against shipping stuff like that into the country. Just how big will the casita addition be???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...