Ryan was so excited to draw a coveted Big Horn Sheep tag this year. I mean, who wouldn't want to be out in the cold, rain and snow during Christmas?
I spent 3 days shopping, cooking, and packing thier food for the first half of the trip.
Finally, they started out with lively spirits on Friday 17th
The weather was chilly, and a forecast of rain all week! But it didn't dampen thier hunting frame of mind. It was a beautiful area with only one slight difference from other areas they hunted...
It was in the Nevada Test site!
Camp was set up and they were ready to hunt!
After 3 days of solid rain, cold and fog...they were ready for a break. They came home Monday 20th and didn't go back until Weds night still hopeful of a good sheep.
Friday 24th rolled around and still no sheep. One more break from the hunt for Christmas, then it was back to camp Sunday night!
Monday, around noon, I got a call from Byron, a buddy who was up helping him, letting me know he got one!
I was so excited (as I sure he was too)
He is pretty happy with his trophy and is planning on a full body mount (wonder where that will go?)

1 Comment:
I enjoy looking at all the hunting pictures. What a rugged hunt! I'm happy it was not in vain for him. Must really get in your blood, this hunting activity. I'm just too lazy to make such a effort.
Post a Comment