Thursday, February 28, 2008

Not my fault

I promise I've been trying to post, but this computer has a mind of it's own.
I still don't have a decent picture of Miranda with her braces. I'll get it posted soon though.
She's over the initial pain and is now "enjoying" life with braces. They are pretty cute on her.
I entered another contest on the Bitten by the Bug site. We had to create a spring card using, pink, yellow, orange, green and a touch of brown. Here's what I came up with.....
Here'a a close up shot of the Seasons clock I created.....
I just love spring... I even had my first daffodil bloom yesterday! Yeah!
I'm really enjoying the warmer weather...gotta love Vegas in the spring!

One thing that is my fault.....Yesterday I woke up and began my regular daily routine, Miranda to school at 6:45, shower at 7:30, wake parker at 8, finish getting ready, breakfast at 8:20, and carpool to school at 8:45. But this Wednesday was a little different.... It started the same, except at 8:20 I came down to get Parker's breakfast and make his lunch.....our conversation went a little like this...
Mom: What would you like for breakfast today Park?
Parker: I'll have Captain Crunch, it's faster... I need to go early today for choir.
Mom: (Gasp) Oh no...Parker, it's already 8:20.
Parker: That's ok, we can hurry, it's not til 8:30
Mom: No honey, it starts at 8:00, but we can hurry and you can go late.
Parker: I can't do that
Mom: Why not
Parker: Because no one else has been late before.

Well, I think you get the drift of how the rest of the conversation went. Parker ended up missing choir and his day started in a slump. I felt soooo bad. I knew it was bound to happen, that I would forget something, I just wish it wouldn't have been his choir. I was afraid his whole day would be ruined, but after school when I went to pick him up, he actually wanted to walk with his friend. So I knew he had forgotten, and hopefully forgiven.

4 Comments:

Natalie said...

I hate it when the morning just gets away from you. It's happened to me a few times with Jordan, but luckily his bus picks up later now, so I don't have to feel too rushed.

Debbie Freeman said...

I am glad to know I am not the only mom who has memory lapse every now and then. Although something tells me this is a rare occurance at your house.Thank goodness kids are so forgiving!!

Stacie said...

Sad. Poor Parker. Can't believe YOU actually forgot with all you have to do. haha

Stacie said...

P.S. Card is way cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...