Friday, July 3, 2009

The Final Curtain

Tonight was the final Seussical Jr. Show. All the cast was in top form and had their best performance of the week! Ryan was able to sit in the audience while I took my turn backstage helping out.

Following the show there was, of course, the special "thank you's" given out to everyone who helped out. It was amazing to hear how many parents volunteered time or resources to help Seussical come to life!

Of course there was a special mention of Jolie, the director, who brought this whole thing to life,

BIG group hug for Jolie!
Miranda just loves Jolie and we're so happy to have found her and Broadway Bound. We just had to get a few more group shots before the magic was completely gone. Everyone stayed to help take down the set and clean up. Here is Miranda with all her costume changes... she had a whole rack all to herself! It was bitter sweet driving home tonight knowing there wasn't another show to look forward to tomorrow night. I'm so proud of Miranda. She truly took on a whole new life as "The Cat" Tomorrow we are heading Cedar City to spend the 4th then Monday we're off to Yellowstone National Park for a week of well deserved R&R. The Monday after we get home, Miranda will be right back at the studio for auditions for their next production "Annie" where she is trying for the part of Ms. Hannigan.

For now, I'm off to take care of some packing that I've put off all week because of the play. (thus my midnight posting)
I think we'll all enjoy the short rest while we can....
Tomorrow, Tomorrow I love ya, Tomorrow!

1 Comment:

Verlynn said...

I can't wait for the video! Yes, I am watching it..mission or not! So, is Aspen going to be a theater addict now too? So fun. I'm proud of you, Miranda. Have fun in Yellowstone and remember Dad's advice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...