It's been 5 whole days since my last post and believe me....it was not intentional! I was having issues connecting with blogger, but thanks to my wonderful, computer savvy brother Logan, I'm BACK!
We had a great 4th of July Celebration that began that morning when I picked up my sister and her family at the airport. You see, my mom's birthday is on the 5th of July so we planned a surprise party for her on the 4th. Instead of the usual red, white and blue decorations, we had birthday decor and party favors.
She was completely surprised with the party and with Heather's visit. We had a fun afternoon swimming. I can't believe that my mom even went to Target to buy a swimsuit so she could swim too. She actually enjoyed herself in the pool! I'm bummed because I was so caught up in the fun I forgot to take any photo's at the BBQ.
In Ryan's absence, my dad manned the grill, and cooked the steak and chicken to perfection! After eating and hanging out, we took a brief 4 wheeler ride in the desert just before dark.
We found a perfect spot at the top of our street to view the entire valley and all the fireworks going on. We set off a few fireworks of our own and had a wonderful time. All the photo's I took of the kids and fireworks turned out too dark so I don't have any to post. Aaaargh!
After the fireworks show we came back to my place for homemade ice cream and cake.

My mom was thrilled with her cake (even though it was store bought).
She turned 29 (again)
Saturday was just relaxing and fun hanging out with my family.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Holiday Weekend!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Happy (belated) 4th!
at
11:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment