Friday, July 25, 2008

Rock On!

After many hours of hard, non-complaining work, (He even ended up folding clothes) Parker earned Rock Band (with a little help from dad). He and Miranda make quite the duo with Miranda on Guitar and Parker on drums.


I even joined in as the lead singer once and did pretty well.
I tried my hand at guitar and it was fairly straight forward, but the drums...woah..they are confusing!
I was finally determined to figure out the drums if only for one song. So all morning yesterday I practiced (over and over and over) a song from Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go".
I began my quest with the mere rating of 64%. By the end of the day (after getting a sore muscle from the foot pedal) I had achieved 98%!
Seriously...Parker was so sick of me saying "do it again". He finally quit playing with me and I did it solo.
I was so excited to show Ryan my new skills when he came home, but I can't tell if he was impressed or not.
I haven't decided if I'm going to limit my drum skills to this one song, or expand to others. I don't know if I have enough time to devote to learning more.
But it is pretty fun.
Maybe I'll get Ryan to learn the guitar to my song and we'll have a concert!

2 Comments:

Sommer said...

You better watch out, by the looks of it, you've got a modern day "Carpenters" on your hands. (Carpenters really aren't that cool, but it was the only brother-sister group I could think of.) You could take that show on the road!

Sommer

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun. I've heard of it, but have never seen it in action. Might just have to jam with you next time I visit!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...