Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Doin' a Duet

Miranda and Parker started taking piano lessons this summer. They have pretty much been at the same level, however, one of them actually practices a little bit more than the other so has gotten slightly ahead. (no...I won't name names)
Their teacher assigned them a duet, but they weren't supposed to practice together. They had to learn their own part separately first.
Today they were finally able to put it all together for their teacher. I just so happened to be sitting in AND have my camera (how lucky)

They did pretty good, but are going to continue practicing this week apart then put it together again next week and hopefully see a little improvement.
Parker was assigned Carol of the Bells to start working on. He played it all night...well, the upper hand anyway.
Miranda is working on "Outcasts" from Hunchback of Notre Dame. She's taking it slow and steady, but improving every week.
I think back to when I started piano lessons from Sis Stearman. She gave me advice that I wish I had ignored..."you should probably stick with singing"
Oh, well, live and learn and pass my regrets on to my kids!

4 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Where's the audio?? I have no doubt that Bette was wrong. You could easily have excelled in both areas!

Kathy said...

I am not surprised that these two have a wide range of talent. I hope to hear some great piano duets in church someday:)

D said...

That is funny what Sis Stearman said. I haven't thought of her in so long! She tried giving me voice lessons and that didn't go so well either. She was probably just doing reverse psychology trying to get you to practice ;0)

D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...