After going to see CATS at Tuachan in St. George, we decided we better see Tarzan also since we heard so many good things about it.
The kids were out of school on Oct 8th so I figured it would be a great day to go. Tickets were purchased and plans made. We were all pretty excited to go.
But...plans changed. Well, at least for Miranda. She was invited to go to Disneyland with a couple of her BFF's... who could resist an offer like that (not me) So, we went without Miranda.
Ryan, Parker and I met Nancie & Raynold for dinner at Brick Oven (that's becoming tradition lately). We enjoyed a relaxing meal and finished around 7:15ish. I figured we had just enough time to grab some Nielson's Frozen Custard then head over to the play that started at 8:30pm
In the summer, when we saw CATS, I thought the play started at 8pm but when we got there nice and early...it actually started at 8:30pm. Ryan does not like to be early for things...especially that early! So I promised that next time we would arrive right on time.
When we drove up and parked it was strange that there weren't too many cars joining us. I honestly didn't think much about it until we started walking to the show.... I decided to sprint up ahead to pick up the tickets from will-call. When I got up there..no one was around. I checked my watch... 8:05pm ... Strange... where is everyone? Well, they were all nestled in their seats for the show to start at 7:30pm...yikes!
I called Ryan and the gang and told them to book it. We made it to our seats by 8:10. Thankfully the show started late and we hadn't missed too much. (Note to self... summer 8:30pm...fall 7:30pm)Lessons learned.
Anyway... we really enjoyed the show. It had a lot of the Phil Collins songs from the original Disney Tarzan as well as some new additions. They had a ton of stunts and scenes using the flying harnesses. It was really amazing!
I must admit....I did quite enjoy watching Tarzan fly through the air with the greatest of ease :)
I did manage to get a couple shots of Jane and Tarzan between the crowds since Miranda wasn't there to pose with them
Ahem.....anyway... Parker said he would even go again so that's saying alot about the show!
Miranda was kind of sad she missed it, but had a great time with her friends in Disneyland.
Next year they are doing Grease and The Little Mermaid we may just have to do a double header to catch both of those!

1 Comment:
Totally jealous! Looks so fun.
Post a Comment