I am usually the type of person who is so on the ball with holiday decorating that I am just counting down the days until it is "allowed" to put up decorations, which is usually about a month before the actual holiday date...
You know, Christmas goes up on Thanksgiving weekend... Valentines goes up January 14th... and Halloween goes up October 1st....
Umm, yeah, well at least that is what normally happens around here....
This year I'm not sure what happened. I had good intentions to get decorations up Oct 1st. In fact, Oct 1st fell on a weekend...and it was General Conference weekend...perfect timing. However, because I have gathered so many decorations over the years, they are kept in a storage unit that is "off campus" and takes a little effort and planning to retrieve.
I don't know why I didn't plan ahead for this perfect decorating weekend, but it just didn't happen. I had good intentions all the next week to go get them out of storage, but it wasn't until Monday, 10/13 that I finally set them free from their storage dungeon. And then... they sat...in the back of my car... until Friday when I had to make a trip to DI and needed the space, so they moved to a pile in the garage.
I again, had very good intentions to put them up on Saturday, 16th! I didn't have too much going on so no excuses there... however, I came down with a killer head cold and really didn't feel like doing much.
And now...it's Sunday....and here they sit...
Yep...still in the garage...in a pile...waiting to be used. I haven't even changed out my Halloween door mat (how scary... and how pathetic!) (And no that toaster isn't part of our Halloween decor...it somehow was put there instead of the DI pile, although it is posessed because it burns everything!)
So the question remains.... should I put them out since the month of opportunity is half over and we won't even be here Halloween weekend anyway? Or should I give in to the decorating guilt monster that is gnawing inside me and put up at least a few decorations...I mean really, how hard is it to put out a door mat?
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Sooooo Scary!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
I wasn't going to do Halloween this year and then couldn't resist the cute little tissue witch garland I found at Walter Mart. (NO, that's not a typo, it is Walter) They perked up the joint and will be a breeze to take down.
Post a Comment