Ryan is such a sweetie and decided to have a surprise party for my big 40th birthday. Unfortunately, with the pool needing to be drained and Miranda leaving for EFY and her Broadway competition AND Parker somehow came down with pneumonia (oh yep...in the summer)
My birthday party was cancelled....I'm not too sad really :D
Not that I don't enjoy a good party, but I like to be the one giving it, not at the receiving end of one.
My big day was spent very laid back. My good friend Sharron decided to announce to the neighborhood that it was the BIG one
THIS is what I saw when I opened the door
and this
It was everywhere!
She was even brave enough to get Ryan's truck (yikes!)
Yep it was the BIG one....but I don't feel any different.
Since Miranda left the morning of my Birthday and Parker didn't really feel good enough to go out to dinner, that night we ordered pizza and had the Cathcarts over for another installment of Xmen at our outdoor theater.
Oh yeah...this is how I want to celebrate every year...low key is the way to go.

2 Comments:
Low key is always good in my opinion too. You have very thoughtful friends.
Ok, even though it was a low key birthday, you still had something embarrassing done to you. It's only fair.
Post a Comment