Here's another post that is extremely late...
I took a break on Dec 4th to put up our tree. Actually, the tree had been up since the 1st, but I had no opportunity to get it decorated any sooner. That, and I was having short tree syndrome. I'm so used to our 9 ft tree that this 7 1/2 foot tree, although beautiful, just felt tiny to me. We debated about returning the tree to get a larger one, but it was from Robert's in Cedar City. Ryan braved the store at 6am on the day after Thanksgiving to get us this new flocked tree. I'd always wanted one so couldn't wait to decorate it.
I started the process by plugging in the tree.... aaaaarrrrgh...one strand of lights didn't work. So I spent an hour replacing bulbs to try and find the broken one. No luck, so I just wound another strand on top of the dead one....
Moving on... next I laid out all the decorations I had picked up.
I guess I went a little crazy picking up new decorations in red and silver. I'm so used to buying decorations for a 9 foot tree that I went a bit overboard.
The kids gave up helping when they felt there was no more room for any more ornaments, but I kept going. Filling every little nook and cranny I could find.
Here's the completed Tree
and topper
We didn't get out all our decorations this year, but we couldn't forget the Advent Calendar. I made this when the kids were little. They enjoy it so much even today.I made this frame a few years ago that is filled with fun holiday photo's of the kids. I added the vinyl letters this year and think it adds a festive touch. I just love looking at photo's of the kids when they were little, it makes me soo happy!
The kids put up the stockings and misc Santa decor, Ryan put out some lights outside and today I finished the decor with greenery on the stairway and the nativity set. I think that's about it for our decorating this year. No village, no extras, just what's needed and expected.
The kids seem ok with this plan. Hopefully next year I'll have less projects and more time to focus on the decorating.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Oh Christmas Tree
at
12:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
You're going nuts with your new vinyl lettering! Looks really nice. Love the tree and all the deco. I'm thinking I'll do something new and different after we get home. I'm due for a change too.
You must feel better knowing that you are completely updated on your blog. You're tree, of course, is amazing and I love all the decorating ideas. I never thought about an advent calendar, we usually use paper chains.
Love it all!! Thanks for the time you put into that wonderful stake party. You did so great! My husband still talks about the little brownie dipped white chocolate thingys. You are amazing!!
(Sorry I had to delete the comment above. I had too many errors)
Your tree is beautiful. I didn't get all my decorations out either. I've also been wanting to make an advent calendar like that for a few years now...perhaps next year.
Post a Comment