Monday, December 15, 2008

Traditions

Tonight we celebrated two family traditions.
The first is a continuation of Parker's birthday celebration. He got to choose where we went out for dinner tonight. He chose Outback, and my Mom and Dad joined us.
Parker made us promise that none of us would sneak off and tell the waiter it was his birthday. He didn't want the staff to sing to him. So we didn't, but the waiter noticed the birthday card on the table and brought him out a treat anyway...complete with singing!
Parker couldn't get mad at us because we didn't say anything just like we promised!

The other family Tradition we did is attend the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean. We've rarely missed a year since I was in the choir back in 1995. We all love the story the songs and the feeling we get when we attend this fabulous play. We even watched the DVD the night before to get in the spirit!
After the play, Parker went through the line and got autographs of all the performers. He was a little nervous because when Michael McLean asked him how old he was he said "I'm 10" then had to quickly correct himself to say 11.
It was a wonderful night of Family Traditions!

1 Comment:

Natalie said...

Too funny about Parker getting sung to. I'm sorry I couldn't go to Forgotten Carols with you. Maybe next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...