It rained all day today.
Don't 'cha just love to be cozy inside when it's raining outside.
The kids were a little crazy and went out in the wet weather for a little walk (they kept hiding behind their umbrella's)When it's wet and wonderful outside I always get in the mood to bake ...bread, cookies, cake, cinnamon rolls whatever! Unfortunately I didn't want ( well... need) to eat all these things myself, so I had to come up with something or someone to make it for.
Hummm, what about cookies.... for choir tomorrow... oh Yes!
So I set out the butter to soften and headed out on my few errands of the day.
When I got home It had stopped raining, but my butter was soft and I was still in the baking mood. So I finished up with dinner, cleaned dishes and started mixing the dough...
A little while later I had...
4 dozen cookies for choir rehearsal tomorrowand one giant heart cookie for Parker's teacher for Valentine's day.
(You can read a fun little tidbit about how these cookies came about HERE)
So after sneaking a couple finger-fulls of the dough and a piece of a fresh from the oven cookie... I had my little baking fix. I feel much better now, but I hope it rains again tomorrow... I may need to bake a little more before the urge goes away completely.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Bakers delight
at
9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Good thing I will be at choir. Yummy!!
Yummm...I'm coming to your house!!
Too fun! I baked cupcakes and cakes for a YW goodie auction next Friday. Guess the baking gene is inherited.
Post a Comment