Friday, February 27, 2009

Me... a Biker Babe?

When Ryan first told me he was thinking about buying a Harley I was extremely hesitant. I really haven't been around motorcycles too much and frankly they scared me. Ryan has grown up on and around motorcycles and has always dreamed of owning a Harley. I knew that someday I would have to face my fears.

To get me excited about riding, Ryan let me pick out my own helmet... with pink butterflies of course. The original plan was for me to share with the kids, but they are such brainiacs, their heads are bigger than mine so I get my own and they have to share. I also picked out a leather jacket and Harley shoes to complete the ensemble. (Can't really wear the 4 in shoes on the bike though)

When I first went for a ride with Ryan I squealed like a mouse whenever he would turn, shift gears, or accelerate. Basically I just wanted him to either sit in the driveway or only drive straight. I knew that wouldn't work, I mean... I suppose you have to turn sometime right?

After a couple of rides, I was getting more comfortable on the bike. It helped that he was very careful not to turn too tight or accelerate too fast when I was with him. (what a sweetie).
I am doing much better, I don't squeal anymore (Ryan is grateful) and I sometimes even catch myself thinking...
"Today would be a nice day to go for a ride on the bike"
Crazy... I know

I'm a fair-weather rider and prefer warm sunny days when I can wear my sunglasses (to complete my biker look). And because of the serious helmet hair I get (I'm sure you can imagine) I like to make sure I don't have any red carpet event to attend later that day when I ride. But in all honesty I enjoy our little rides together.
It's funny to watch other Harley owners give Ryan"the nod" or "the wave" when we pass. (It seriously happens ONLY with Harley drivers). I've had a couple friends from church ask if that was actually me they saw riding on a Harley. Who would have guessed?!
Ryan is trying to talk me into going to the River Run in Laughlin... not sure if I'm ready for that jaunt.....I mean... I haven't picked up my leather halter top yet!

5 Comments:

Natalie said...

Go You! I don't think I'd ever want to ride on a motorcycle. Just not my thing. Glad you and Ryan can share something together. :)

Verlynn said...

UR nutz! You do look dang cute on that bike however. Just be careful and have lots of fun. Lee wants a Harley so bad his teeth are aching. He was totally jealous when I told him about Ryan's.

Kathy said...

Oh, you have to get the leather halter for sure, with a pink butterfly in the middle. Maybe you could sport some biker babe tatoos. That would be awesome! Can't wait to see that blog. To be continued...... right?

D said...

Why is this not on your annual Christmas Card? I have the layout in mind: You guys on your harley with a black background and pink butterflies and mistletoe. All kidding aside, that's a very cute picture and yes, a little out of character.

Stori said...

I think I know you a little better than all this "not me on a Harley" business. Are Ryan and I the only ones who know the real Ginger? ;-) You look TOTALLY WICKED on the bike! Jealous. I'm trying to get Matt to buy another one. I made him sell the one he had. My mistake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...