Last night Ryan's brother Eric and his wife Lori came to Vegas so we decided to go to dinner. The only catch to the story is that they brought their Harley of course Ryan decided we ride tandem on our bike as well.
So I'm thinking....
Ok, fine, I can do that.. I did get my hair cut and straightened today so the helmet hair shouldn't be too bad. And I have that cute pink scarf and new leather gloves I can wear with my leather jacket so I don't get too cold.
But wait....what's
this.... what do you mean I have to go on the freeway... like the actual US95 ... like the BIG 6 lane road where everyone is going 100mph... and there are semi trucks that we might have to pass...and people change lanes and everything..... seriously?..... are you sure we can't take the back roads to get to Carrabbas in Summerlin?
In all the rides Ryan has taken me on, we only went on the freeway once... for a very short distance and I was a nervous wreck.
So in the words of my husband... I decided to "strap a set on" and brave the freeway. ( I really didn't have much choice because I wasn't driving)
Well, despite all my whining inside my head, I survived and I wasn't even too cold.... I'm sure it was because of the pink scarf :) Although I will need to pick up some chaps sometime... legs were a bit frozen.
I was nervous but I only had one time when we passed a giant semi truck...going around a turn....going 100mph that I had to close my eyes and escape to a happy place inside my head. So I thought that was pretty good progress.
The good news is.... tonight I get to be brave again because we're going to cruise the strip on the bikes... (yes I mean the Las Vegas Strip with all the tourists and cars and lights and traffic and it's all the way downtown)
think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts....think happy thoughts....
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Think happy thoughts
at
9:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
You are cracking me up with all this. I think it's the lucky pink scarf that is helping you through. Have fun tonight!!
The hair was looking pretty good when we saw you a bit ago. Congrats on your first "real" excursion.
Post a Comment