Mid December I received a Christmas card from Dana, a friend from High School. We've kept in touch off & on over the years mostly at Christmas time. In her letter she wrote that I should join Facebook because a lot of other High School friends were on and it was a great way to keep in touch. I thought about it briefly and thought... nah, I'm more of a blog girl.
Then a few days later I received an email from Stori, another High School friend inviting me to be her friend and view her Facebook profile. I was curious ...
click.... click... click...
Before I knew it I had created a Facebook profile.
What was I thinking? I really didn't intend to have a Facebook account. But since I've joined, I've become "friends" with many more High School friends, as well as current church friends and family. I still don't know much about facebook and I'm not one to update my status much (in fact I don't think I ever have) I'm still a blog girl at heart.
So if you're on facebook and I don't respond to your girlfriend requests... just remember I have no idea what I'm doing.
Just as I've been getting re-acquainted with old friends on facebook...
I ran into another blast from the past today.
Ryan and I went to the Harley Davidson shop to exchange a couple things and one of the guys working there asked my name because he thought he remembered me from Middle School. (that was soooo long ago)
Come to find out he was a drummer I knew when I was in band in Middle School. (I played the trombone - talk about random facts). But the story gets better- stay with me while I ramble.
When Cabbage Patch kids first came out and were all the rage, my mom picked one up for me. His original name was Rory Alberto. But I changed it to Ryan Derek. I named him Ryan because that was one of my favorite names at the time - not knowing I'd end up marrying a Ryan. I named him Derek because of a drummer I had a crush on in Middle School. Oh Yeah... the very same one I met today.Small world isn't it?!
(Yes this is my original Cabbage Patch doll - the birth certificate is in storage so I couldn't scan it in)
I have no idea how he remembered me. I think I've changed at least a little since then. I'm not sure I even spoke to him back then- you know, one of those admire from afar kind of things.
Small World!
Anyway... just thought I'd share all the Blasts from the Past I've had lately.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Blast from the Past
at
3:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
I can't believe you still have Ryan Derek. Totally cool. I've got no face book smarts. Maybe in a couple of years. Wow, no one from Jr. High would ever recognize me! What's it like to look so young? Great job.
Oh man, I still have a birth certificate from one of my cabbage patch dolls, but I don't have the doll any more. It's crazy how the internet connects you.
That was a fun surprise to see my name! And I even figured how to leave a comment. My blogging is, well.... frustrating me. I can't get pictures up on my journal entries. It just goes blank after it downloades the picture. I'm calling shutterfly tomorrow. If it doesn't work I'm moving over to blogspot. Have fun being the blog guru that you are.
Post a Comment