Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a Boy!

Now don't get the wrong idea... I'm not announcing anything :)
Miranda is the proud mama of a
BOUNCING (powdered) BABY (sack) BOY (of flour)
His name is Ian Oliver
(Please don't mention his lack of head, Miranda's quite sensitive on the subject and loves him just the way he is)The 8th grade girls were given an assignment in Health Class to help them learn what life might be like as a teenage mother. (I'm not sure why the boys didn't get this assignment along with the girls. )
Miranda must carry Ian Oliver, around with her at all times. School, church (she took him to mutual tonight and he played with the other 2 flour babies in our ward)
If she is unable to take him somewhere she must arrange for a baby sitter. ( I suppose that would be his Grandparents because his Uncle Parker has already threatened to drop him)

Miranda must also care for Ian Oliver at all times. She has an eating, sleeping & diaper changing schedule she must adhere to. Unfortunately this baby's lungs did not fully develop so he is unable to cry to let her know what he needs. (I just hope he sleeps through the night)
She also has a budget for diapers, food, babysitting etc.. that she must keep track of.
(I'm a very expensive babysitter)


I know Miranda will make a great mom to Ian Oliver.
Thankfully this is a short school week so she will only need to have him for 3 days.
However, I think they are offering extra credit for those who keep him through the weekend.

When she's finished with this assignment, I think I'll bake up a nice batch of chocolate chip cookies.
(Miranda said that would be cannibalism)

5 Comments:

Verlynn said...

How fun! At least he sleeps through the night (I hope). Am sure Miranda will be a good mama. Has she started a college fund?

Kathy said...

That is great. When I was in high school it was an egg. It's good to see they use something less fragile these days.

Miranda said...

Gee, mom actually made it sound like I liked the thing. This is more of a don't, and say you did, assignment. I actually have to keep it from Tuesday (1-20) to Monday (1-25). Afterwords, my friends and I are going to stab it open with a knife, throw flour at each other, and bake cookies.
:D <3

Natalie said...

LOL, this is hilarious!! I never had an assignment like this. Guess times have changed. Ian is just precious anyway. :P

My name is Crystal said...

Hi Ginger!
I was wondering how they did this assignment these days. I was the proud parent of Christopher the adorable hollow egg shell. I remember stepping off the bus on the last day and crushing the little guy in my fist, Ha ha ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...