Thursday, March 12, 2009

Called to Serve

Months ago the process began. Doctor check-ups, Dental exams, Passport photo's.... all the necessary steps to get ready to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My parents were ready, mentally, physically, spiritually. The wait was very, very, very long and they (well, mom) was getting a little impatient.

Today all the waiting was over, the official letter came in the mail. The family gathered around while they opened the envelope that held their future mission call..... (With family that couldn't make it on speaker phone to join in)






Yes... you heard right... (if you watched the video)


Philippines, Manila Mission
they go into the MTC on May 25th.
Many phone calls were made to spread the exciting news.
The next two months will be busy for them with all the preparations to go.
Congrats, Mom and Dad.... you're gonna be the Best Missionaries EVER!!!

5 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Thanks for the post! I hope we'll make you proud. I'm really excited (and relieved) now that I finally know what's happening. Thanks for dinner tonight too.

D said...

Ginger- that is so exciting! It was neat to see your mom and dad "live"- I haven't seen them in so many years. They look great! I served in Cebu Philippines, but spent a couple of days in Manilla. One of my best friends here- here brother just got back from being the mission president there. They are in for an exciting mission!

Sommer said...

Do I see a vacation to the Phillipines for the Dennet family in the future? Whats good about parents going on a mission if that family can't visit, right?

Kathy said...

WOW, that is so exciting!! Your mom said it best, "Oh my heavens!" They are so lucky, getting a care package from you will be off the hook!!

Debbie Freeman said...

Sooo exciting!! I hear the Philippines is a great place to be :)! I am sure they will meet some friendly Vegas natives over there!! How fun to have them heading that way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...