Sunday, March 29, 2009

Puppy Love

Your Honor... I plead temporary insanity!
One look and we were hooked!

I mean PLEASE.... who could NOT fall in love with this adorable little face?Yes.... we did it.... we adopted another puppy. Ryan will say it was all my doing, but don't let him fool you... it was a family decision.
Meet ?????? a Cocker Spaniel and the newest addition to the Dennett family. We picked her up yesterday while in Cedar City. ( I promise we only intended to visit the orthodontist and attend a baptism)She already has every one of us wrapped around her little paw.
We just have one little problem.... we can't agree on a name for her. Kids like Lily, but I'm not quite sure. I like Daisy but the kids think that's too cutesy. Others we've considered are... Gypsy, Alice, Sophie, Glinda and Scarlet. At this point we're totally open to suggestions.
(If we wait too long her name might be "Puppy") Please feel free to leave a comment with your name ideas or preferences)

Gus, our other dog, isn't too sure about this new family member yet. He sniffs her to death and drools all over her. Gross... definitely need to pick up some puppy shampoo tomorrow.
I had to wake up a couple times to comfort her last night (I'm such a pushover), but she did pretty good in the kennel. She hasn't had an accident in the house ...yet (knock on wood & fingers crossed) and I hope she'll train quickly.

So here's a little video of her just to make you go awwwwww... how cute

8 Comments:

Stori said...

That is one cute puppy. I can totally see how you fell at first sight.

How about Quincy? Q for short. It's my favorite pet name but since I hope to never get a pet, I'll let you have it if you like it.

I also love Daisy.

Good luck! Names are the hardest part of new family members.

Verlynn said...

How about "Why?" She is cute but that is a puppy trait. Then, they turn into (dare I say it?)...dogs!! Is she a licker? How about Cupcake? Gus is Cake Eater after all.

Darrel said...

AKC top 20.
dy
2. Blue 2. Belle/Bell/Bella
3. Max/Maximus/Maxwell 3. Princess
4. Duke 4. Mae/May
5. Buddy 5. Rose
6. Jack 6. Daisy
7. Prince 7. Grace/Gracie
8. King 8. Baby
9. Bailey 9. Molly
10. Rocky 10. Maggie
11. Harley 11. Sadie
12. Jake 12. Ann/Annie
13. Shadow 13. Star
14. Lucky 14. Lily/Lilly
15. Hunter 15. Angel
16. Dakota 16. Coco/Cocoa
17. Lou 17. Sophie/Sophia
18. Midnight 18. Lucy
19. Cooper 19. Abby/Abigail
20. Buster 20. Marie

Darrel said...

oops first two dropped

1. Bear 1. Lady

D said...

Of course I'm partial to Daisy (That's my dogs name). It is the perfect name for a white dog. We almost went with Macy which I still really like.

"Blossom" is cute too. You could nick name her awesome blossom! She is way cute!

Darrel said...

When naming a dog, the AKC also offers the following tips:

Keep it short and sweet to get your dog to be responsive. Use a name that is one or two syllables, ending with a vowel, such as “Sadie” or “Rocky.”
Avoid a name that is too long or difficult to say. A name such as “Sir Barks A Lot” will confuse your dog.
Avoid names that sound like commands. Names like “Joe” sound like “no” when called.
Try a name for a day or two. Remember any dog name will be a 10- to 15-year commitment.
After you choose a name, make sure you use it often so he learns it quickly.

How about Dolly, Debby, Dilly, Daphanie, Dannie, Delsy, Dylan, Dumpling, Dallas, Delilah, Dolce, Dutchess, to go with Dennett

Natalie said...

Awww, so cute. No suugestions from me for names...we had a hard enough time picking the kiddo's names. Will need to visit "puppy" soon.

Xackery said...

I say go with Sophie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...