Today is Daylight Savings!
I remembered... whew!
In fact, the whole family remembered and we were almost an hour early for Stake Conference so we could get a good seat (I had to conduct the music and wanted to be close)
I've only "forgotten" once (that I can recall)
Thankfully it was in the fall and I was early, not late.
Normally I like... no...love...no.... embrace it in all it's timely glory....to be early. Ryan's greatest fear in life is that he will be the cause of making me late for something.... (oh yeah... there's a story that goes with that one... just ask him about D-day!)
Needless to say my kids were not the least bit happy when I awoke them from blissful slumber on a Sunday morning a whole extra hour early for church!
I wasn't too thrilled when I realized either, because one of the things I like, just as much as being on time, is sleeping. But, since I was up, I just had extra time to get "spiritually ready" to attend church that day. (always look for the silver lining :)
I truly don't handle being late very well. I start pacing the floor, my heart starts beating a million miles a minute, I seriously break out into a cold sweat. I'm sure my body would go into shock if I forgot to "spring forward" and was running an hour late for church, (or an hour late for anything for that matter). Notice how panicked and stressed the white rabbit always looks in Alice and Wonderland.
My family has gotten used to my little quirk. They usually go along somewhat willingly. Although, Ryan is positive that I'm wasting my life away with being 10 minutes early to everything.
"Just think of all you could be doing with all that extra time"
I argue with him that he's cutting his life short with all the stress (and reckless driving) associated with running 10 minutes late. (He's come up with every excuse in the book with the Judges when he's late for court).
Yes, Ryan and I have yet to meet this one eye to eye. And I'm not sure we ever will. After 18+ years of marriage nothing has changed, so it's a little give and take.
Just for the record...I usually end up winning the time battle and we go early because he's so scared of me (I'm such a meanie).
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Did YOU remember?
at
8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Yeah sure! I hate being late also. Was your stake conference the televised one that we had?
See and I'm always 20 minutes early. Just think of all I can do?
Funny- I get the same symptoms when I am rushing because I don't want to be late. So does one of my daughters. I thought we were the only ones!
Post a Comment