Today I had the opportunity to go help out at the Extreme Makeover Home Edition site. We are good friends with the designers/engineers Brent Wright and Daniel Bartlett. Eric, Ryan's brother is helping Byron with the plumbing for the house.
It was quite an amazing sight! The house isn't too far from our house ( Ann/Tenaya).
Parker and Brecken came along with me and were able to hob nob in the VIP tent with Ryan and I.
Ryan, Eric and Nathan (Eric's son) were also chillin' for a bit. Eric and Nathan were there last night roughing in the plumbing from 6pm until 3am!
I was so amazed at the number of workers and they all knew what task they needed to do. It looked like a bunch of worker ants building and running around their ant hill, each on a mission
I went to help serve the food, but Raising Cane's brought their own serving staff, so I was out of a job. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Ty Pennington, but only saw Eduardo Xoi another guy on the "design team"
It was getting dark, but that didn't slow the workers down one bit.... they brought in the flood lamps!
Before you knew it, the stucco was done and I could actually see "walls" inside the upper bedroom. What an amazing transformation in just the few hours I was there. Ryan had a hard hat, so he was allowed inside. He took this shot of the inside of the house looking in from the back door.
No sheet rock here, but I'm sure it won't be long.
I'm just simply amazed at what can be accomplished when everyone puts their time, talent and energy together. Everything for this house is donated as well as the food for all the workers. What a wonderful act of service!
We're hoping to be at the "big reveal" on Tuesday. We may even sneak the kids out of school to go. I mean, how often do you get to experience something as fantastic as this?!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Extremely FUN
at
9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
So cool! Did you get to see Ty??? Where was the site?
I've been watching this since I went to the Christofferson's blog and found out that this was happening. I've also been watching on ktnv. I love this show, and Ty's not too bad either! :D
How fun! That is a cool thing for the community to come together. Something positive from Hollywood too! BYW, it was almost 60 degrees today! I think you'll survive the weather next week!
I hear ya!! I can't believe your connections. Will you be my Best friend?? Wait, what other connections do you have?
That is too much fun!! That would be so cool to experience. I'll have to watch out for that particular show just to see if I recognize anyone.
Post a Comment