Monday, March 23, 2009

Springtime Planting

Last year Ryan and I started a pot garden. We planted a few veggies just to see how things went. We didn't have a huge success, but decided to give it another chance. I also enjoy planting flowers in the small flower bed in the front yard. However, due to weather and lack of time, I hadn't gotten either of them planted.

I had a brainstorm before we left for Chicago that would help me get both planted while I was gone. Raynold, Ryan's dad, loves to garden and work in his yard. It's still too cold in Cedar for him to work on his own yard, so I thought he might like to help me with mine.

I didn't want to assume that he would want to "work" while on vacation, so I called just to be sure. He seemed pretty excited and willing to help me out.

So before I left I went to the nursery and stocked up on flowers and vegetable plants (I know I cheated, but it is too late to start seeds now) . I told Raynold that I trust his judgment of placement completely and to do whatever he thought best.

When I returned home on Saturday... this is the gorgeous site that welcomed me home....It truly made me so happy! I love driving up and looking at the flowers in bloom. I already have daffodils and gladiolas that will be coming up soon too, so I will need to plant a few more once they run their course. But doesn't this just make you smile :)

Then I took a peek in the back yard at our garden pots.... We now have 4 kinds of tomatos, cucumbers, zuchinni, squash, jalapeno, habinero and green peppers growing. I can't wait!
I'm so glad Raynold has a green thumb and was willing to give me a hand with the planting. I hope it helped him pass the time while "babysitting" the kids. Hopefully I won't mess up his work by forgetting to water or something.
I even left Nancie some very ripe banana's and recipe to make banana bread, and a couple shirts of Ryan's that needed some stitching. (She needed something to do while Raynold was working in the garden)

I hope Nancie and Raynold to know how much I appreciate them coming and staying with our kids. Miranda and Parker love them to come, (Parker especially loves the pancakes that he sweet talks grandma into making).

Thank you... thank you.... THANK YOU! You're the BEST!

3 Comments:

Sommer said...

I love Mamma and Pappa Dennett! He did a wonderful job!

Verlynn said...

Wow! That has never happened at my place. That's like having a plant fairy. Looks great. Tried to call there and say hello to Nancie and Raynold but didn't catch them at home.

Natalie said...

Do you think they'd come here and help me? That's exactly what I want to do. Hopefully I'll get soem stuff planted this weekend. Too fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...