Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter in Death Valley

We decided to go a little non-traditional for Easter this year. We planned a trip with the Websters to Death Valley. So the RV reservations were made and off we went. We'd never been to Death Valley before so we weren't too sure what to expect. The RV resort was nice, but could have used a little more grass around the trailer parking. It had a pool, restaurants and horseback riding.

We arrived late afternoon on Thursday so just lounged around relaxing from the 3 hour drive.
Friday morning we ventured on an hour drive to see Scotty's Castle. It's a beautiful little thing built in the 1920's. We walked around the grounds waiting for our tour to start.

Inside the castle everything was original and just beautiful woodwork everywhere.
Saturday morning we took off to see more sights of Death Valley. We went on the Artist's Loop and saw these beautiful natural colored hills.


Ryan and Parker just had to do a little closer investigation into the hillsSaturday afternoon the kids colored eggs with the Webster girls while Ryan and I packed up.
We had a great time and are already planning where to go next Easter in the trailers with the Websters.

5 Comments:

D said...

These are great pictures! I love seeing the ones of Scotty's Castle- I remember going there when I was 10 with my grandparents. It is just like I remember. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Kathy said...

Now I know what Death Valley looks like.

Natalie said...

Kinda crazy you spending time in Death Valley. I need to go to Scott's castle...never have been before. Nice to see a post after a while.

Nancie said...

There is nothing better than seeing pictures of my family. And good to see some of Death Valley after about 20 years, when Curtis lived and worked there.

Verlynn said...

Looks fun! I remember going to Scotty's as a teen. I was very impressed with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...