Friday at Parker's School was Field Day. The PE teacher puts different events together for all the students to rotate through. Every year the PTA provides drinks at the drink station and popcicle treats at the end. Unfortunately it turned out to be extremely cold and windy so our popcicles weren't as refreshing as they normally would have been.
Of course the kids still had a great time.
I was able to sneak away from the PTA station to see Parker compete in the basketball relay. 

The highlight of the day was seeing Principal Smallwood duck-taped to the wall because the students were able to read a certain number of pages during Nevada Reading Week.
Miranda also had "Field Day" today at her middle school, however, hers was a little different as some students were going to watch a movie, some would socalize in the cafeteria while others would play games in a classroom. Seriously, that's just a bit wierd don't you think?
After a little begging, pleading, and puppy dog eyes from Miranda I agreed to take her out of school early so she would miss this wonderful "field day" event. Hey, do you blame me? I'd want to leave too.
Both kids are so excited to enjoy Spring Break week. Hopefully it will warm up a bit so we can truly enjoy it!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Field Day
at
11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Sounds fun. You're gonna miss some of this PTA stuff, huh? Happy Spring Break!
I miss Field Day. Not sure if Nye county has them anymore. We'll see next year when Jordan really starts school. Enjoy spring break...mine will be interesting next week when I stop putting pull-ups on Jordan.
What a fun principal! I don't blame Miranda for wanting to go home!
Post a Comment