Monday, April 20, 2009

Muddy paw blues

I've discovered that longer haired dogs get dirty much faster and easier than the short haired breeds. Even at such a young age, Sophie needs a bath at least once a week, but sometimes more. Gus, on the other hand. gets a bath whenever he jumps in the pool or runs through a swamp while hunting.
We have the perfect large sink in our laundry room that's nice and deep so Sophie can't escape.
She's had a few baths since bringing her home and she still whines when she knows what's about to happen.

We had just given her a bath on Sunday night when Parker brings her in on Monday afternoon with paws covered with mud. Parker took her straight to the sink and she tried to escape getting mud everywhereHere's a little video Parker took while I gave her a bath...

I just can't help but laugh when she's soaking wet looking like a drowned rat.... but she's still cute!After her bath she likes to cuddle in the towel while she dries and usually falls asleep.Poor Sophie.... guess she'll have to learn that if she's going to get muddy paws she's going to have a bath! Go ahead.... say it..... awwwwww how cute! (he he, I knew you wanted to)

1 Comment:

Nancie said...

I can't wait to see this cute little mut... I'll give her about a hundred kisses--- I love that her name is Sophie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...