There is NO WAY I can have a daughter that is old enough to start driving!!!
Miranda turned 15 a few weeks ago and she is younger than most of her friends so she has been quite concerned that they are getting their driving permit and licenses before her. She has also pointed out on numerous occasions that all of them are already practicing driving...(hint hint mom).
So, being the patient, loving, slightly insane mom that I am.... I took her out this morning on her first driving lesson.
She did pretty well, with only a few corrections from me. We didn't go far or fast, and went in a circle working on left turns mostly.. but it was a perfect first lesson. Later, we decided to go again, this time Ryan came along..... (so now we have 2 back-seat drivers for her to listen to)
We decided she should try going in a circle again, but this time practicing right turns. I never knew right and left turns were so different...
...but as soon as she turned her first right, tight turn, she didn't exactly straighten out the wheel fast enough or press on the break hard enough and ran over the curb into a boulder... Those are her skid marks at the bottom of the photo
And this is the poor boulder that is no longer in it's peaceful resting place...We were happy that she didn't hit the nearby tree or pole and that the boulder survived with only minor injuries.
Thankfully we, yes that includes Ryan, were able to laugh it off. She didn't want me to take photo's, but who could resist when there is a fun new blog story?! Not me! Miranda claims she was a little nervous having 2 of us directing her...no...really?
I am happy to report that she won't get her official permit until December so until then, the main roads will be safe...we will only be practicing in remote streets and parking lots. However I can't say the same about boulders lining the street.
I just hope my car can survive all the lessons to come. :)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Say it isn't so....
at
10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
I think if you go left forever you end up going right...
I remember those days. The only car we had was a stick shift, it was awful. Good Luck to Miranda!! I just hope the rock doesn't sue, does she know any good lawyers??
Ok, let me know when she's practicing so I can avoid your area of town. LOL. How scary to have a kid that old.
Oh the days of teen drivers. She looks quite professional, and darn cute, I suppose she if loving it all.
Post a Comment