Parker has had so many projects due this week.... Here's his latest that we worked on this week.
He had to create a musical instrument for class using objects from home.
His original idea was to have an elastic band stretched over two PVC pipes and twist it to make sound. Ok, not a bad idea, but we did a little demo of one and he wasn't too happy with the sound.
So I thought for a minute and suggested he use the drum he made in scouts a year or so ago (can you believe he still has it?)
Parker - "No Mom... then it's not like I made it"
Me - "But you did make it... just not recently"
Parker - "That doesn't count and besides just a drum is boring"
Me- "Well, what if you added a few things to it to make it like a one man band sort of thing"
Parker - "I don't know... like what?"
So then the brainstorming and rummaging began and a little glue gun, duct tape and elastic was put together and voila....
that is how the "All 4 One" came to beParker was again pretty pleased with his invention and couldn't wait to show it off at today.
Thank goodness there's only a couple more weeks of school left.... I'm about project'd out!
Friday, May 22, 2009
All 4 One
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Terrific~ Love it. What a kid!
It reminds me of the quads that drummers use in marching bands!
Post a Comment