Last Night was the award ceremony at Miranda's school. We received an invitation in the mail to let us know Miranda would be receiving an award, but weren't sure what it would be.
Miranda found out at school that she was receiving the Presidential Award of Excellence. That is an award given to students who maintained excellent grades for the year.
So that one we were expecting....
However, the other awards she received Miranda was not expecting. Each Teacher chose 2 students (boy and girl) to give a Department Award to.
She received one for Science from Mr. Hashimoto, one for World Geography from Mr. Farmintino and one for Choir from Dr. Miller. 
Needless to say Miranda was shocked to receive them, but I have no doubt she earned every one. She is such a dedicated student and puts 110% into everything she does. The teachers can't help but like her (ok... I'm bragging a bit, but aren't I entitled?)
We're so proud of her!
It's crazy to think that she will be in High School next year. What an amazing young lady she is turning into.
Friday, May 29, 2009
They like me.... they REALLY like me!
at
5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
Wow, that is so awesome! Congrats to Miranda!! We're so proud of her.
You have a right to be proud- Wow!
Good job Miranda! I have to say I am not surprised. I think I need to start having my kids hang around her, maybe a little bit of that focus and determination will wear off on them. You have every right to be proud.
Not enough words for her proud grandmother, she is amazing. and will go so far. She has such drive.
Tell her I love her, and both her grandfather and I want to tell everyone about her success.
Love grandma Dennett
Post a Comment