Saturday, May 16, 2009

Paalam.....

...means Good Luck or Best Wishes or Farewell in Tagalog, the language spoken in the Philippines. So, all the family gathered for a barbecue to say Good Luck to my parents as they prepare to leave on their mission.
We even had authentic Filipino food brought in for the occasion! It was very delicious.
It was a wonderful day to just hang and visit with everyone...

Some of the family sang at their Farewell on Sunday.
All my siblings except Heather (who is pregnant and on bedrest in Washington and couldn't make it) sang. It was neat to all sing together again....We sounded better than Mo-Tab!!I don't think it's actually hit me yet that my parents are leaving for a whole year and a half. I'm sure next weekend when we take them to the MTC in Provo it will start feeling more real.
Paalam Mom and Dad.... I love you!

Be sure to check out the Manila Mission blog we created to keep everyone in the loop about their mission adventures!

3 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Trust me! MoTab doesn't have a chance against you guys. It was so amazing and beautiful. I was so proud. Wish we had a recording of it. Both songs. Love you!

D said...

I-o-i-o! That means good-bye! It's fun to see pictures of people I haven't seen in so many years. I wish I had some of that food you had catered! Yum-o! They're going to love the food!

D said...

I-o-i-o! That means good-bye! It's fun to see pictures of people I haven't seen in so many years. I wish I had some of that food you had catered! Yum-o! They're going to love the food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...