Tonight was Parker's final choir concert. He's been involved with choir all of 4th and 5th grade. Parker is an excellent singer and is very serious about his performance. Here's a little snippet of their finale'.
They also did a number that enlisted the help of a bunch of teachers and the Principal and Vice Principal to help with percussion. It was based on Blue Man Group and all the children played tubes with different sounds. I uploaded it to my computer but then deleted it from the camera before editing it down to a presentable video. I'll try to post it on YouTube so you can be amazed just like I was.
Mrs. Loser is the music teacher and always does a fantastic job of teaching the children to love music. Both Parker and Miranda had the privilege of taking music and choir from her.Ever since the school opened and they had their first choir concert I have helped design the program cover. Tonight after the performance Mrs. Loser asked me to come on stage as she presented me and Nicki, who also played the piano for the choir, with a bouquet of flowers to thank us for all we've done for her and the choir throughout the past 5 years. I seriously was about to cry.
So now...Parker's finished with choir and is moving onto middle school band next year!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
A Small Part of the World
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Very nice! Good job Parker. Just think how they'll spoil him next year when they hold him back... I really think it will be sad if the trend to cancel music programs in school's continues.
Post a Comment