Did you thank a teacher this week??
It was Teacher Appreciation Week and as a PTA we like to provide a lunch and little gift to show how much we appreciate our teachers and staff.
This year we joined with Principal Smallwood in giving them T-shirts...
I had the job of wrapping and creating tags for them so we could present them on Tuesday.
They all loved the shirts and Ms. Smallwood let them have a jeans day and wear their new shirts today. It was sooo fun to see all of them united in bright lime green shirts walking around the school!
The PTA put on our annual luncheon today as well. This year I decided to call in the forces and have dutch oven potatoes & BBQ hamburgers. My dad was willing and more than qualified to fill the roll of head grill master and dutch oven king!
Soon the entire school was filled with the unique dutch oven and BBQ aroma. Many of the teachers had never tried dutch oven cooking, but after seeing and tasting the delicious potatoes they instantly became fans!
All the PTA board pitched in to provide desserts and salads to complete the feast.
What a Spread!
Soon the entire school was filled with the unique dutch oven and BBQ aroma. Many of the teachers had never tried dutch oven cooking, but after seeing and tasting the delicious potatoes they instantly became fans!
All the PTA board pitched in to provide desserts and salads to complete the feast.
What a Spread!
There was PLENTY of food and everyone left full and happy - and probably ready for a nap!We also gave them a gift of salsa that I put together yesterday with the help from my PTA buddies.
Everyone was super excited to get their own jar of my homemade salsa. I received many recipe requests and suggestions that I should sell it... (hummmm maybe I'll start taking orders).I love to do these little things for the teachers to let them know how much we appreciate everything they do for our kids. I will miss being involved with events like this next year. They are tiring, but so rewarding!

3 Comments:
All I have to say is... YOU ARE AMAZING! I think that school is really going to miss you next year!
No kidding, Dana. I pity the poor president next year having to follow Ginger! You rock, Kid!
GINGER WHAT A TOTAL PERSON YOU ARE
YOU CAN DO IT ALL, I GET TIRED JUST READING IT. NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE SO HARD TO FOLLOW YOU, BUT MAYBE YOU CAN GET THE WELL DESERVED REST YOU NEED. NOW DON'T START ANOTHER HUGE PROJECT UNTIL YOU HAVE A LONG REST.
Post a Comment