Last night at the school's talent show, I introduced the new 2009/2010 PTA board, and guess what.... I wasn't on it!!
I've been heavily involved in all aspects of PTA since Miranda started Kindergarten 10 years ago.(wow that seems like a long time)
I have enjoyed every minute of every event, open house, fundraiser, newsletter, luncheon, and 3 school dedications I've been involved with. Tiring, yes, but so rewarding too. I've loved being so involved with my kids elementary days. Hopefully they haven't minded having me around the school all the time. I've not only been on the PTA board, but also helped out in their classrooms every year.
I'm normally one who is perfectly content to stay behind the scenes but this past year, as my final encore, I accepted the position of President. I don't know what kind of drug I was on at the time, but after the heart palpitations and knocking knees ended, I was somehow able to fulfill my new role.
So now I just have 19 school days and 5 more PTA events before my reign as President is officially complete.
I know there is parent groups in Middle and High School, but I think I'll take a little time off and enjoy my retirement from PTA for a while. (Ryan is showing a bit of relief as well)
Hummm, what shall I do with all the free time I'll have now?.... scrapbook, or keep the house clean, or read a book, or do more baking, or go shopping, or hang with the family, or cook dinner or.......... oh yeah, 19 days and counting!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
My retirement
at
10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Don't forget your Salsa Business with all that free time!
Post a Comment