Thursday, June 4, 2009

School's out for Summer

My kids have been counting down for the last month, but they can now say that School is officially OUT!!

Parker had his award assembly today. He did amazingly well. I couldn't believe he missed ZERO days of school this year...yes, all year! Parker also got Straight A's (all year) and a special award for getting perfect scores on the CRT tests in Reading & Math. (ok I'll stop now)

He had a wonderful time in 5th grade and loved his Teacher Mrs. Holloway. It's kind of cool that Miranda also had Mrs. Holloway for 5th grade. She has been a wonderful influence on both of them.

I checked Parker out of school a little early after the awards and we picked up Miranda and Brecken from school and headed to Olive Garden for a lunch celebration.

So now that the anticipation and excitement of school's getting out is over, I wonder how often and how long before I hear... Mom, I'm bored!


1 Comment:

Nancie said...

I have such smart grandchildren,, did not shock me one bit.... he is so smart I at times have alittle hard time trying to understand what exactly he is talking about. His grandparents are soooo proud of him..
G-ma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...