No... I'm not talking about Christmas....
I'm talking about the season for school projects.
I swear that teachers plan it that way. They plot and ploy a way to have a big project due during the busiest time of year.
Both Miranda and Parker had one....
Miranda has been working on hers for over a month. It's a hand-written, hand-drawn book about Cells.Each page (32 in all) is artfully drawn by Miranda herself (no copying either)
Here is some of my favorites....Miranda groaned that I was taking pictures of her book, but I just reminded her that at least I didn't ask her to be in them :)
I'm always amazed at the art talent she has even if it is just for a school project about cells.
It is due tomorrow and she finished it just in time to enjoy Mutual tonight without stress!
Parker's project was also about Cells...
He chose to make a project on Animal Cells... it had to be 3D and no bigger than a foot square.
He came home last week and explained what he had in mind for his project...
Ummm... ok...sure.... tell me again what you want to do...
We hit Michaels for a few supplies and after a trip to storage to dig out the band saw
... and one night cutting and one night painting...
voila... his idea came to life...
Parker's 3D model of an animal cell.. on a pedestalThe cell has a hinge on the back and opens to reveal the inside
The card on the bottom has a diagram pointing to and definition of each part of the cell.
Here is a close-up of the inside that he painted all by himself (again.. I promise I did not help)Parker turned in his project today. He doesn't know what grade he has yet, but the teacher did comment that it was very creative.
Aaaaaahhhh... now that those projects are out of the way I think we can relax and enjoy the holidays. I must admit, it is nice that the kids are getting old enough to truly complete their projects without much help from us. (ok, it's also a little sad that they are growing up so fast).
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
This Wonderful Time of Year
at
9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Wild that they would both be cell oriented. Guess the teachers coordinate their ideas. Both very nice!
Wow, amazing. Wonder where they got all that talent? Their favorite aunt of course. LOL
Post a Comment