Parker is always bummed that his Birthday is so close to Christmas.
Having to wait an ENTIRE year before getting ANY presents is just more than he can take.
This year he turns 12 on December 14th, and all he wanted to do was have a sleepover with his cousin Wyatt.
That's easy enough right?...
Well, this year his birthday falls on a Monday, so no sleepover that night...
So how about Friday 11th before his birthday?.... Nope... ward party, and he doesn't want it to interfere with his big party plans.
So that brings us to Friday 4th.... Perfect!
Then Parker gets a call from his friend Brecken, who moved to AZ in July, to say that he would be in town this weekend... Double Perfect!
We started the celebration after picking up Wyatt and headed to Red Robin for dinner...
It was a bit of a wait, but the boys found something to do to make the time fly.
After waiting for Brecken to arrive, we headed to Laser Quest to play the 10pm 35 min Ironman game. (Yes, Ryan and I played too)
The boys had it all planned out... they were on a team against Ryan, Miranda and I.
Their team name was "The Mad Hatters" (Thus the newsboy hats)
First we all chose our names and they put them on our card...
Parker - Ninja brownie
Wyatt- Flaming Phoenix
Brecken - Dumbledore
Miranda - Ace
Ginger - Beauty
Ryan - Beast
Then we waited....
And we waited....

And WAITED.....
Finally it was time to begin.
There was 24 players in the game and Ryan ranked 4th place, Parker was 11th, Brecken 10th, Wyatt 13th Miranda 17th..... (I ranked 23rd)
We had a great time and were ready to go home, but the night was still young! (too bad Ryan and I aren't so young anymore)
Once home we had Ice Cream Cake (Parker doesn't do real cake)



The boys settled down for a movie and bed and ready for more fun tomorrow....
After sleeping in a bit (not long enough)... Parker opened one more gift...
A PSPgo (much discussion had already taken place that he would not be receiving more gifts from us on his actual birthday)
Then we headed to King Putt for a round of Mini Golf...

We had planned to go to Gallo's Pizza for lunch for their fabulous garlic knots, but they were closed for a recital so we ordered some to go and headed to Sweet Tomatoes and finished it off with Dairy Queen (again)
The boys spent the rest of the evening just hanging out doing whatever pre-teen boys do (like torment Miranda)
I think Parker had a fabulous Un-Birthday party with two of his favorite friends (and I didn't have to plan a party).
Sorry I didn't plan your birth better so you could have a summer birthday.
We'll be keeping it low key on his actual birthday since we'll still be on a high from this one.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Very Merry Un-Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
What a terrific birthday! I'm jealous. It looks like Brecken has grown! So good to see the boys together again.
So much fun! Sweet and simple and tons of goofing off.
Happy Birthday Parker! It was also neat to look at the pictures of your bothers and sisters.
AS you already know I'm not a computer whiz, and don't get on it like normal people. However I just did and loved it all, as usual, so happy for Parker and his special b-day celebration, so great that Brecken was in town. One to remember for a long time.
Post a Comment